The first feed is a critical part of a lamb’s life, with good quality colostrum required within the first six hours after birth. Molecare colostrum supplement contains specially selected nutrients to help give lambs a productive start to drive healthy growth and performance.
Molecare colostrum contains:
- Globular proteins – Supply resistance to help fight disease until immunity develops naturally.
- Fast and slow release energy – Support growth and help maintain body temperature.
- High fat – Replenishes reserves and insulates from the cold.
- Active egg proteins – Protect the gut from damaging bacteria.
- Gut conditioners – Effectively colonise and stabilise the active gut.
- Antioxidants – Support effective immune function to help fight disease.
- Vitamins and minerals – Nutrients important to health, growth and condition.
The ewe’s supply of colostrum to their lambs can vary dramatically depending on factors including nutrient
supply to the ewe, ewe condition or number of multiple births in the flock. All of these limit the quality or quantity of colostrum received at the teat.
Combined with external factors from the environment and the varying disease status of a flock it is important that lambs receive enough essential nutrients via colostrum to aid survival from the cold and disease.
Available in resealable easy store pouches with easy dose scoop. Dose size – 25g.