The Benefits of Shield
- Anti–twist four sided point
- Pressure treated with Tanalith E to offer a greater level of protection
- Huge savings in replacement materials and labour over extended lifetime
- Meets Use Class 4 (UC4) BS8417 for ground zone requirements
- Incising pattern approved by the Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- Industry award of quality from the Wood Protection Association (WPA)
The Shield post and strainers feature a scientifically designed incising process for increased protection delivering a virtual ‘zone of confidence’ at the critical area where the post is at most risk of decay.
During production, a band of consistent and uniformed incisions reach a depth of up to 6mm and can span up to two thirds of the posts length to help penetration of the wood preservative. Incising also serves to ease surface tension and reduces the implications of surface cracking.