Molecare Farm Vets, in conjunction with Mole Valley Farmers and Mole Valley Feed Solutions, is pleased to host a Sheep Nutrition talk on Tuesday 1st November from 12-2pm.
The event will be held at the practice, Molecare Farm Vets, Nutwell Estate, Lympstone, Devon, EX8 5AN.
Vet Stephanie Patel will focus on:
- the importance of how body condition scoring ewes during the breeding cycle can help you manage lamb birth weights.
- weaning weights and how these can impact profits.
Lisa Hambly, Head of Grassland & Forage Agronomy at Mole Valley Farmers will discuss:
- introducing variety in the forage cropping, such as multi species leys
- the benefits of providing enough quality forage 12 months of the year
- and will share practical tips on how to make the best use of every acre through challenging climate conditions
Chris Lavis, Feed Specialist at Mole Valley Feed Solutions will explore:
- sheep nutrition
- looking at increases in DUP requirements and
- the quality of forage to help your flock’s nutritional performance and profitability.
Pasties and refreshments will be served. The event is free for farmers who are members of the Molecare Farm Vets Flock Health Group. Non-members are welcome to attend at a cost of £20 per farm.
For more information or to book please call 01392 347240 or email: [email protected]